Charity means more than having worthy aims. A charity must be a living example of charitable conduct. It must therefore be good as well as do good.
A safe and trusted environment
Cirencester Signpost is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment, establishing an organisational culture that prioritises safeguarding, having adequate policies and measures to protect people and ensuring that these procedures are regularly reviewed. To facilitate this governance we have:
- a safer recruitment process
- safeguarding policy and procedures
- code of conduct and good practice
- a health and safety policy
- social media code of ethics; and
- data protection policy.
Trustees and key volunteers must undertake an enhanced DBS check and pass an accredited safeguarding course.