As lockdown eases, we will continue to work remotely in order to keep everyone safe and this will remain so for the foreseeable future. Please be assured that we continue to serve the needs of the most vulnerable in our community. The following is a summary of the key actions that we have been undertaking:
• For those having to shield due to their age or underlying health conditions and who have no immediate family or neighbour support, we have been supplying emergency food parcels of around 7-10 days supplies including not only long-life products but fresh milk, bread, fruit and vegetables.
• We have been taking referrals from Independence Trust for those who have mental health challenges and as a result of their anxiety levels are not able to leave their home. They too have been receiving our food parcels.
• To help people’s mental well-being, craft packs including jigsaws, wool, puzzle and colouring books, pens and pencils have been provided.
• Operating a befriending service calling people weekly to see how they are doing.
• For those needing an extra helping hand with specific tasks we have been making referrals to the local council community hub to ensure those most in need get an all-round support service.
• Making available toiletries and bedding to the housing team at Cotswold District Council to help them when placing the homeless in emergency accommodation.